- Administrators think they are better than everyone else (you ever hear an admin apologize?). But most of them are just unemployed people with lots of time on their hands.
- With today's tools, even a moron can make a huge number of edits each day. Problem is, the morons do exactly that.
- The mass of editors are unsophisticated, unable to understand that the worldview they and their friends hold is pretty much limited to newspaper readers in Anglo-America.
- The policy on sources is absurd: journalists are considered good sources, but they use much lower quality sources than what would be accepted on WP. As if the average journalist is a good filter for information quality!
- The average editor thinks of WP as a mass of weeds that needs to be hacked, not as a garden that should be grown.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Lots of problems
Lots of problems; all recognized, many times, by others: